Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Back Pages

I should mention that I do go back and add details to some of my older posts as I learn more about the topic or see another story that hits on the theme I happened to be covering at the time, so at times it may seem like there's nothing new on the blog, when down below the Moleman and his minions have been laboring away.

So here's a shout-out to a couple old posts that have been updated many times:

My Batman and Guns post is now the #1 result for that topic on Google and has been linked by many forums and websites. It features an exhaustive look at the relationship between Bruce Wayne and firearms, from the Golden Age through Final Crisis. It's my personal favorite post and contains dozens of examples of Batman or Bruce using (or refusing) a gun.

I first did my post about the Code Against Killing focusing mainly on DC's Silver Age heroes, but after some more research I found the Avengers Code and the X-Men Pledge, plus an incredible Superman story where Jimmy Olsen, Lana Lang and Lois Lane all volunteer to be the first person killed by Superman. It could only happen in the Silver Age!